The car industry is notorious for its Three Letter Acronyms (TLAs), jargon, and ‘inside’ language.
Most people are familiar with the more common phrases like ABS (Anti-lock Braking System, just in case ;) but if you’re buying a car and discover that it comes with DSC and ACC you might not be so sure what you're getting.
We've put together a little jargon busting quiz to test yourself, and explain what some of the more oblique acronyms really mean.
Cast your eye over these 2 short hand descriptions and then scroll down to check your answers…
Now scroll down and check your answers...
- Power Assisted Steering
- Park Distance Control
- Sports Utility Vehicle
- All Wheel Drive
- Common rail Diesel Turbo Injection
- Electronic Brake Distribution
- Traction Control System
- Digital Audio Broadcasting
- Anti-lock Braking System
- Diesel Particulate Filter
- Dynamic Stability Control
- Seatbelt Restraint System
- Side Impact Protection System
- Multi- Purpose Vehicle
- Cubic Capacity
- Brake Horse Power
- Pounds per Square Inch
- Electronic Stability Program
- Active Cruise Control
How did you do? Come over to the Facebook page and tell us how you did!